Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sakura Con 2012

I'm finally done sorting through the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of pics that Brad and I took at Sakura Con 2012, so it's time to do a blog post!

This was our first mainland show and I was unbelievably worried - were the props protected from damage, would TSA go through my jewelry bins, were our products out of touch with a mainland market?  Thankfully, our artist alley table was a success and we'll definitely be back in 2013 with a full-blown exhibitors booth.

Here are a few pics of our table:

Bit of Sugar Sakura Con 2012 Artist Alley Table

Bit of Sugar Miniature Potion Bottle Necklaces


We met some wonderful artists and vendors:

Kim and friends at GetaStudios - Seattle-based artists with Hawaii ties. We hope to see them at Kawaii Kon next year!

Our super-awesome neighbors Atomic Laundry - Brad got so many compliments on his fluorescent green leg warmers :)

And we were so happy to see Arda Wigs, the BEST wig company EVER!  They sell at Kawaii Kon, so Hawaii cosplay fans, you can find the perfect wig here!  

I fart rainbows.  Yes I do.  In my 30+ years, there are only two drawings that have ever spoke to me, and one is from Enfu/I fart rainbows.


Almost everyone had a spiffy costume on, and we couldn't help but click away.  The following are a few of our favorite shots:

Rainbow Dash wearing our Nyan Cat scarf - LOVE IT!








I was a huge Sailor Moon fan growing up and so happy that it's made a comeback!  Unfortunately, that probably means I'm showing my age.  









1 comment: