Thursday, January 27, 2011

REAL Cupcakes

I spent the better part of the afternoon shooting and editing pics of our new cupcake pendants:

Bit of Sugar Cupcake Pendants

Lemon Meringue Cupcake Pendant - $14 at www.bitofsugar.com


This brought on a craving for some REAL cupcakes.  Luckily, I had some leftover Sprinkles vanilla and banana cupcakes from a couple of nights ago - oh happy, happy, joy, joy!  At $14/can, the Sprinkles cupcake mix is pretty pricey, but heck, it's cheaper than flying up to Beverly Hills!


$14 at www.williams-sonoma.com

Here's a few shots of the ones I made.  The dots are pretty little nothings.  Really, they taste like nothing.  Except maybe cardboard.  And they sorta look like nipples . . .

Sprinkles Vanilla Cupcakes have a hint of almond flavor.

I am a self-acknowledged over-froster.  My golden ratio is 50/50 - 50% frosting, 50% cake.  What's yours? 


Oops.

And finally, here's a pic of the red velvet cupcake I had at the original Sprinkles bakery a few years ago. 

Sprinkles Red Velvet Cupcake


2 entries down, 363 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment